[OS X TeX] How to copy and paste tables into LaTeX (from Excel or other programs)?

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Tue Dec 6 02:29:45 EST 2005

Hi,

On 05.12.2005, at 19:20, Markus Hänchen wrote:
> among the standard LaTeX operations creating tables is certainly
> one of the most cumbersome one. I am looking for an easy solution
> to copy data from an Excel table (or Igor, or Matlab) into a LaTeX
> document.
> [...]
> I would like to script that in a way that I ideally only have to
> select tabular data in any kind of program (even from a website),
> run the script on the contents of my clipboard, and paste the
> result into the .tex file.

Wouldn't it be relatively easy (for an AppleScript expert, I mean) to
write an import macro for TeXShop which parses the available
clipboard data and creates a LaTeX table from it, with &s and \\s
etc.? I don't know if that's possible at all, just had the idea...

	Bernhard

___________________ gpg key ID _ A89F09C45921020D __