[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Vicky Lamburn victoria at sunshinesista.fsworld.co.uk
Tue Dec 6 07:04:55 EST 2005

Hiya,

I have just installed this new TeX i-Package hoping to use the new
font access.

It has installed fine.  I am using TeXShop, pdftex and so forth so as
far as I am aware that is correctly configured; I have placed this
under:

--
\documentclass[10pt,twoside,openright]{memoir}

\flushbottom

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{gtamacgeorgia}

However when typesetting; some of the salient errors are:

--
[25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] (./main.ind [31]) (./main.aux)kpathsea:
Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+437/600 --dpi 1037 ec-

LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults
substituted.

)
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file ec-ra
w-GeorgiaBold): kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag
0+360/600 --dpi 360 ec-raw-Georgia
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-raw-Georgia.
Font ec-raw-GeorgiaBold at 1037 not found

Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
(file ec-ra
w-Georgia): kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 0
+420/600 --dpi 420 ec-raw-Georgia
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for ec-raw-Georgia.
Font ec-raw-Georgia at 360 not found

And so forth.  The resulting PDF has no visible text as a result --
is there something that I am missing?  I did an 'Expert' install as
there are a few options I need to select; is there something really
silly that I have missed?

Vicky