[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Dec 6 10:30:50 EST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 9:10 AM, Vicky Lamburn wrote:

> Hiya (again)
>
> Such a deluge from me today.
>
> Everything works fine now with the new TeX distribution but
> immediately I found a snag, in my document I have a line like:
>
> --
>  \emph{``Should I wait for the Intel Macs?"}
> --
>
> Which is fine, the `` gets processed fine but " gets typeset as
> straight quotes, not ending quotes - how do I get around this; I am
> using:
>
> --
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage{gtamachoefler}
> --
>
> In my preamble.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> Vicky

Howdy,

Just like you use two ` in a row (``) for Open Quotes, use two ' in a
row ('') rather than " for Close Quote.

If you are using TeXShop you can turn on  Auto Complete (Preferences-
 >Document->Editor->Auto Complete check box) and then pressing " will
generate ``'' with the cursor between the `` and the ''. You can edit
the /Users/herbs/Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist file
to change/add/delete bindings.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)