[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Dec 6 10:32:16 EST 2005

On Dec 6, 2005, at 06:41, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> I really miss having Spotlight index my .tex files. I understand
> that there is a fix for this problem, but it involves installing
> emacs. Is a more general solution in the works that will be
> released soon or should I go ahead and install emacs and then look
> back in the list archives for the specifics on how to get indexing
> going again.

One of us probably dropped the ball, thinking that someone else was
carrying it ;).  The last I recall, Norm Gall was going to change the
UTI on his importer, but we needed to find out if using tug.org.tex
would be okay.  I'll pose that question on the MacTeX list and see if
Karl Berry has an answer.

At some point, the front ends (TS/iTM/?) should declare themselves as
editors for that UTI, but the importer should work in the meantime if
it exports that UTI.

-- Adam