[OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill j.m.figueroa at ed.ac.uk
Tue Dec 6 13:56:26 EST 2005

>>>>> "Matthieu" == Matthieu Masquelet <matthieu.masquelet at gmail.com> writes:

Matthieu> I thought the problem that Spotlight was not scanning inside the .tex
Matthieu> files, like if you have the word "table" in your "header.tex" and if
Matthieu> you type "table" in spotlight, "header.tex" should show up.

Actually in my system (PowerBook G4, 10.4.3), Spotlight does not index
the filenames of my .tex files, let alone their contents.  I have
several Emacsen installed, but clearly not the relevant one.  The
question is why this should depend on having one emacs over another...

José