[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated, Easy Mac font support for PDFTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 7 08:41:28 EST 2005

On 7 déc. 05, at 14:27, Alan Bowen wrote:

> Is there an explanation somewhere of where these personal
> configurations files kept are and which ones may be deleted safely?
> It would be nice to make this problem just go away, so that there
> are no warnings or difficulties when installing i-Packages.

Files to be deleted (to be confirmed, I may be wrong):

~/Library/texmf/web2c/ (the whole directory)
~/Library/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat
~/Library/texmf/fonts/map/ (the whole directory)

That, of course, unless you have put files there willingly: for
example, if you have put additional map files inside a directory ~/
Library/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/misc/, then you shouldn't erase them,
obviously.

The above are files that are created at the time the TeX i-Package is
configured after installation.