[OS X TeX] which is real math mode?

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Tue Dec 13 07:25:57 EST 2005

That's interesting... Δεκα is greek for ten and in the standard
transcription κ -> c (κυβος -> cube, κεντρον->centre,
etc);  there are also exceptions (κινητικη->kinetics). I
assume that the standard transcription originates from the fact that
the italian alphabet does not have a k (though the classic latin
does) but this explanation may not be true. There is a certain
eeriness when c is replaced with k (eg. Amerika) but Deka doesn't
seem to invoke it.

tm