[OS X TeX] Additional texmf-tree

Georg Verweyen verweyen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 08:40:06 EST 2005

Hello everybody,
I just recieved the TeX-Collection 2005. So I swept the Disk (I had a
kind of TeX-Live 2005-beta there) and installed MacTeX, which is mainly
the iInstaller. To my taste there are some packages missing (ellipsis,
fixme, betababel, mentis, xfrac). To avoid installing one by one I'd
like to have more or less CTAN/macros/latex and maybe parts of the
nonfree-tree on my disk. Do I have things right that ~/library is no
longer a recommanded place to put things?

Should I use usr/tetex/share/texmf.CTAN or something alike?

Where can I set a path to this?

Regards, Georg