[OS X TeX] Euro-Symbols are subsituted by question marks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 11:21:48 EST 2005

Le 14 déc. 05 à 15:51, Friedrich Vosberg a écrit :

> No. I did not mean the output file. The input _tex_ file after
> reopening in TeXShop does not contain Euro symbols.
>
> The output is -- when I have substituted the question marks by Euro
> symbols (Alt+E) -- allright.

Then Georg has probably got the explanation right: you had previously
selected an input encoding in TeXShop's document pref, and this
setting has been changed by the new install.

Likely choices are either Mac OS Roman, linked with \usepackage
[applemac]{inputenc} in your LaTeX input, or ISO Latin 1, linked with
\usepackage[latin1]{inputenc}.

Another possibility is that you're using XeTeX, and have selected
UTF-8 Unicode as the input encoding, but I guess you'd have told us
in this case.