[OS X TeX] Re: dvips PATH for TexShop

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Dec 14 12:30:45 EST 2005

Le 14 déc. 05 à 17:47, Andreas Duus Pape a écrit :

> On Dec 13, 2005, at 8:00 PM, Bruso Voisin wrote:
>> Have you tried putting the file inside:
>>
>> ~/Library/texmf/dvips/ (the easiest)
>>
>> or:
>>
>> /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/dvips/ (requires running texhash
>> afterwards)
>
> thanks for the suggestions.  I tried each of these and they didn't
> seem to work...?

That's odd. Normally you should be able to figure out where dvips
looks for PS header files by running, in Terminal:

	kpsewhich --progname=dvips --show-path="PostScript header"

Or maybe the following would be enough, I'm not sure about the
difference:

	kpsewhich --show-path="PostScript header"

This should give you a list of the directories searched by dvips for
headers. See <file:///usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/programs/
kpathsea.pdf>, section 3.5.

Or is it the .header extension of your file that's fooling dvips? I'm
not experienced in these matters, as I'm using pdfTeX or XeTeX most
of the time.

It's also possible that you've got a file texmf.cnf in ~/Library/
texmf, which would take over the default paths set inside /usr/local/
teTeX/texmf.cnf and /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf. If
that's the case, and you didn't create this file willingly, then
trashing it could solve the issue.

> By the way, ~/Library/texmf/dvips/   didn't exist, so i created the
> folder dvips.

That's normal.

Hope this helps,