[OS X TeX] Indexes

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 09:55:16 EST 2005

Georg Verweyen wrote:

> If a macro turns \make{something} into
> \index{something}\textbf{something} and you want to have »somethings«
> (plural) in your text, then you /could/ (but should not!) write
> \make{something}\textbf{s} in the text.
> This might look like \textbf{somethings} in the printout until you
> have a linebreak, but then you'll see that
> \textbf{something}\textbf{s} may or may not be hyphenated correctly.

I get it:

To look on the positive side, as long as "somethings" need not be
hyphenated, everything will be all right. And if, as long as all can
happen is that "somethings" is going to be mangled, I am sorry but,
since the book is only going to be on the web under GPL, I will leave it
to some possible, if actually unlikely, reader to straighten it out. :-D

Grateful regards though.
--schremmer