Off list: Re: [OS X TeX] status of Spotlight indexing of .tex files?

Jan Hegewald rurapente at gmx.de
Tue Dec 20 12:50:24 EST 2005

Hello,

Am 20.12.2005 um 17:28 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Howdy,
>
> You can also find files using Locate, a GUI interface to the locate
> data base. Of course that must be updated.

Yes, but if I want to get a reliable result I always have to update
the database )-;
EasyFind http://www.grunenberg.com/easyfind.html is also very useful.

> Understand that while Spotlight doesn't index all text files that
> might be a blessing.

Yes, maybe. But currently Splotlight does not tell my which files and
folders are not indexed. So I can not determine if important files
are excluded.

> Also, what tool do you use that does any indexing of the content of
> files rather than simply the file name?

For file contents search I use TextWrangler.

Cheers,
--Jan--