[OS X TeX] the color of color

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 17:46:13 EST 2005

Robert Spence wrote:

> Dear Alain Schremmer,
>
> I think there's an option 'dvipsnames' which works. If you write
> \usepackage[dvipsnames]{color}
> in the preamble,
> then you can write
> \textcolor[named]{Orange}{this is Orange}
> in the document and it will work.

It does for me too.

> The following also works (at least for me, with TeXShop Version 2
> (2.03) under Mac OS X 10.4.3, and I don't even know what "vanilla"
> _means_ in relation to Mac OS X, as I'm new to this list...)
>
> \begin{displaymath}
> \colorbox[named]{Orange}{$(+2)\oplus(+5)\oplus(-8)\oplus(+4)\oplus (-7)$}
> \end{displaymath}

It too also does for me.

So, all that remains is for me to understand why the Bent Petersen
option, [usenames], didn't work. But now this can wait … a long time.

As for what I meant by the "plain vanilla" option, I think that after
you have been on this list for a while and seen the kind of things
people do, you will understand. :-)

Very grateful and New regards
--schremmer