[OS X TeX] \ifthenelse in \author ?

Josep M.Font pepf54 at tiscali.es
Wed Feb 2 09:26:18 EST 2005

Hi all,

Sorry if this is not a specifically MacOS X-oriented question.

IL am trying to use the \ifthenelse command (from the ifthen package)
in amsart document class. I am writing something like
\ifthenelse{\equal{A}{B}}{then clause}{else clause}, where A,B will be
text strings. It works well if used inside the document's body, but I
would like to use it inside the \author{} command (and use \maketitle
afterwards) and in this case LaTeX complains that \equal is not
defined.

I know \maketitle does some special things, but I am not an expert. Any
idea ? Should I abandon my plan ?

Thanks in advance,

JMaF

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>