[OS X TeX] Yet Another Version of Pdftricks.sty

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Feb 5 09:24:14 EST 2005

On 2/5/05 5:09 AM, "Piet van Oostrum" <piet at cs.uu.nl> wrote:

> Why is it faster? I thought altpdflatex is just a glorified
> latex->dvips->ps2pdf sequence.

Howdy,

Actually I thought that too but the extra processing between each step by
pdftricks could very well be enough to slow things down. Pdftricks checks to
see that the proper file exists before each step from within pdflatex while
altpdflatex is doing at the shell level. If you try it both ways you'll
really notice the difference. To do that you should interchange the original
version I put together and this new version; the new version automatically
uses altpdflatex if it exists.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>