[OS X TeX] XeLatex accents (revisited?)

Hans van Maanen hans at vanmaanen.org
Sun Feb 6 16:35:58 EST 2005

Hi all --

This question was here a couple of days ago, but if it came, I did not
catch the answer... sorry.

I am using XeLatex to get the sanserif font I want, but I prefer CM for
ordinary text. So I don't have to load CM, I just do, with UTF-8 and
Will's great fontspec package:

Hell\"o world

However, there's still no ö in the output, and I get a warning
'LaTeX Font Warning: Encoding `OT1' has changed to `U' for symbol font
(Font)              `operators' in the math version `normal' on input
line 5.'

And a bit higher up the console asks: '*** did you really mean 'n ? ***'

I'm afraid I'm missing just one step. Which one?

Hans vM