[OS X TeX] I do like ps4pdf

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 9 12:16:03 EST 2005

On 2/9/05 10:19 AM, "Michael Hoppe" <mh at michael-hoppe.de> wrote:

> Like this.  Presume, the first line of the main tex-file is %&latex,
> tetexComm.tcl is forced to do:
>
> set cmd "echo \r ; dvips -Ppdf -o $texRun(jobName)-pics.ps
> $texRun(jobName).dvi 2>&1 ; \
>  echo \r ; ps2pdf14 $texRun(jobName)-pics.ps
> $texRun(jobName)-pics.pdf 2>&1 ; \
> echo \r ; pdflatex $texRun(jobName).tex"

I assume you customized the %&latex processing for ps4pdf processing? That
certainly doesn't look like a normal %&latex run.

> Well, I do, after some (painful) experiences to run pstricks and
> microtype alltogether.

Can you give me an example of the problem? Send it to me off-list and I'll
take a look at it.

The microtype package certainly shouldn't be active in the pics since those
features are disabled when pdfetex is in dvi mode.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>