[OS X TeX] Spaces in file or folder names

Denis Chabot chabotd at globetrotter.net
Thu Feb 10 06:11:17 EST 2005

Hi,

Sure, I much prefer the output I get from LaTeX to what I get with
Word, but I find it very frustrating that file names (and worse, folder
names) do not work. File names I can live with even if I don't like it.
But I would like to include graphics while leaving them in the folders
where the analyses are done, and it simply is too difficult to always
avoid using spaces in a whole hierarchy of folders. As a result, I'm
forced to save copies of my figures in one folder inside where each
LaTeX document sits.

Is there a better way? If not, can we hope to see LaTeX evolve in that
direction?

By the way, I tried only putting aliases in the Figures folder inside
the folder of a LaTeX document, but that did not work. I know "symbolic
links" have slightly different properties than aliases, but I never
explored that. Would they be a solution?

Sincerely,

Denis

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>