[OS X TeX] Spaces in file or folder names

Matthias Damm osxtex2 at macpla.net
Thu Feb 10 08:53:02 EST 2005

Hi,

> By the way, I tried only putting aliases in the Figures folder inside
> the folder of a LaTeX document, but that did not work. I know
> "symbolic links" have slightly different properties than aliases, but
> I never explored that. Would they be a solution?

Yes, symbolic links will work.
In case it is possible to rename the files to names without spaces, you
could simply put a symbolic link to the original folder into your
document folder and would be able to acces the files as
/symlinkname/filname.pdf or something.

There is a nice contextual menu plugin named SymbolicLinker which
enables you to create SymLinks without having to use the Terminal (->
macupdate.com. You will find FileWrangler there as well, which is very
useful to batch-rename your files and replaces spaces with
underscores).

Best,
Matthias

--
Matthias Damm
mad at macpla.net
PGP key: http://macplanet.macbay.de/MatthiasDamm.asc
PGP fingerprint: CED3 6074 7F7D 3148 C6F3  DFF2 05FF 3A0B 0D12 4D41

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>