[OS X TeX] Equations Editor, Equation Sercice

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Feb 10 10:28:19 EST 2005

On 2/10/05 9:05 AM, "Alan Curtis" <acurtis at ieee.org> wrote:

> This did not work for me when I tried it. The pdf file still had the
> fonts embedded and Illustrator choked.

Howdy,

Same here. I use the Marked Objects Plugin and WARMFigToPdf with
illustrator.

> My advice is to use WARMFigToPDF. Alternatively, I had (only partial)
> success (google the archives for a complete report) by placing
> Macintosh versions of the postscript fonts for TeX in Illustrator's
> font path.
>
> Alan

The problem is that even if the font is made available the encoding is
probably different for many glyphs.

Actually, I've been using Stone Studio's "Create" and "LaTeX Equation
Editor" for ALL text and they work wonderfully together for a while now. The
LaTeX template used by LaTeX Equation Editor was edited to use the font I
use most of the time (Lucida Bright/New Math) and I do all the text for the
figure in that. I can set the ``well'' so that after I select the figure I
want to use it will produce a nice .pdf with a good BoundingBox and all the
fonts still embedded by drag and drop. Create doesn't seem to play with the
included fonts in the .pdf produced by the Equation Editor. Thanks for
Gerben Wierda for putting me onto this really nice piece of software.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>