[OS X TeX] texmf path

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 11 06:08:26 EST 2005

On 11 feb 2005, at 12:02, Holger Frauenrath wrote:

> I have just switched my computer at work from a setup with local users
> to mounting the home directories from a server.
>
> Now, TeX does not seem to find my local texmf tree in ~/Library/texmf
> anymore, probably (just my guess) because the home directories are
> mounted to /home instead of /Users (that is our IT department's
> default setup, for cross platform compatibility, so I was told).
>
> Could this be the reason? If so, where do I have to change the path
> info?

the texmf directory in your home is defined in the variable

% User texmf trees can be catered for like this...
HOMETEXMF = $HOME/Library/texmf

Since the $HOME variable is used, this should work without a problem,
unless your $HOME variable is still pointing to the old location.

You could try to create a /Users sym-link, which points to /home, for
your convenience.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>