[OS X TeX] graphic conversion

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 12 09:11:33 EST 2005

On 12 feb 2005, at 10:07, Denis Chabot wrote:

> I still find it amazing that there would be no converter from pdf to
> pict that could preserve vector objects. Maybe I'll fire back old
> Classic, where QuickDraw is the native engine, and see what I can get.
> Sight.

As far as MicroSoft supporting pdf: not in our lifetimes, it would make
life too easy for their customers, besides they'd need to support it on
Windows as well in that case, and that is too difficult...

If I recall correctly, I once had a ghostscript like applications that
would translate eps to vector pict, but that might have been in the
QuickDraw GX era, so that software will not longer function.
MacGhostView does support conversion to pict, but it is such an obvious
choice, that I think you've tried it already.

In my (limited) experience with PowerPoint, It is safest to stick to
bitmapped graphics, and gs offers several suitable options
(anti-aliased and all) for such conversions. Another option would be to
use the original program to export to a form suitable for PowerPoint,
but I don't recall what types of figures you are trying to get into PP.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>