[OS X TeX] I do like ps4pdf questions

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 13 11:10:41 EST 2005

On 13 feb 2005, at 17:06, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>> HS> Howdy,
>
>> HS> Is there a configuration file for Ghostscript that will allow me
>> to set this
>> HS> as a default?
>

> Not that I know, unless you set the GS_LIB environment variable and
> put a
> modified copy of gs_init.ps in your own directory that is mentioned
> first
> there. But you can put also this option in  the environment variable
> GS_OPTIONS.

Other possibilities include: using pstopdf (a.k.a. the Apple
Distiller), or
patching epstopdf: I consider this to be a bug: the autorotation is very
unpredictable, and should not be used on .eps files. The only valid use
is
in converting .ps files (whole pages) that may have a strange rotation.

Where should bugs in epstopdf be reported?

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>