[OS X TeX] TeXShop editor being too clever?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 14 15:30:00 EST 2005

Last week, after experiencing recurrent stability and performance
problems, I did another Archive & Install of Panther, and also trashed
all user preference files and caches in my home directory, leaving only
the network settings and the mail directory, safari directory etc.
untouched.

Which means now I have to reconfigure all applications one by one, to
feel at home with them again. Doing (or rather attempting to do) that,
I noticed something strange with TeXShop: the editor seems to attempt
being "smart", in that:

- Every time a line is selected the first character of the next line is
selected too, or the first tab in case the next line starts with a tab.

- Sometime when attempting to select some characters the word
containing these characters is selected automatically.

And so forth. All the kind of "smart" features, similar to
auto-completion, which have me hating Word definitely.

I've looked in TeXShop for some preference switching this on, and which
I would have forgotten to switch off again. I found none. Have I missed
something obvious? Or is this a system-wide setting? Or am I simply
getting paranoid?

Thanks for any clue,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>