[OS X TeX] Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest #1287 - 02/14/05

Robert Ullrey ullreyr at scc.losrios.edu
Tue Feb 15 11:46:55 EST 2005

I enjoy using TextMates and use xcode as a project management program
for my various chapters, index etc. However, VIM is also an excellent,
and FREE texteditor with folding available. If interested, download vim
from here: <http://macvim.org/OSX/index.html> then download the latex
suitte: <http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=475> and you
can type, fold and compile.

Happy VIMing and TEXing.

>   > Yes. All we need is a way for TeXshop or some other editor to
collapse
>   > them into just their title / name w/ a little widget to disclose
them
>   > at need.
>
>   TextMate can do this, as can AucTeX under emacs.
>   I wouldn't recommend the latter to someone who doesn't already know
>   emacs, and the former has very little TeX support (no nice buttons
>   tell it when you want to typeset, etc). I toyed with the idea of
>   writing some support files for it but (a) the app costs money, and
if
>   I'm going to buy it I kind of want it to work out the box, and (b)
it

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>