[OS X TeX] using ITeXMac with external and preview

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Thu Feb 17 13:11:19 EST 2005

On 17 Feb 2005, at 18:50, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 17 feb 2005, at 18:24, Jason Davies wrote:
>
>> ok so how do I get Preview to refresh when it compiles?
>
> Now *that* is asking the impossible (trust me here: I tried _very_
> hard).
> Both Preview and Adobe Reader 7 will not refresh a document, at least I
> haven't found a way te get them to do so.
>
> TeXniscope will refresh, but doesn't support hyperlinks, IIRC. One
> previewer
> that has limited support for both is PostView, but only in the beta
> I've
> been using for the past 9 months.

TeXniscope does support hyperlinks even if this support is still very
rough (i.e. I do not guarantee that any kind of hyperlink is correctly
implemented).
Hyperref should be ok as long as you compile using the dvipdfm option
in the hyperref package:

\usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}.

Best,
massimiliano gubinelli