[OS X TeX] using ITeXMac with external and preview

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Fri Feb 18 06:42:30 EST 2005

On 17 Feb 2005, at 21:07, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 17 feb 2005, at 19:11, Massimiliano Gubinelli wrote:
>
>> On 17 Feb 2005, at 18:50, Maarten Sneep wrote:
>>
>>> TeXniscope will refresh, but doesn't support hyperlinks, IIRC. One
>>> previewer
>>> that has limited support for both is PostView, but only in the beta
>>> I've
>>> been using for the past 9 months.
>>>

>> TeXniscope does support hyperlinks even if this support is still very
>> rough
>> (i.e. I do not guarantee that any kind of hyperlink is correctly
>> implemented).
>> Hyperref should be ok as long as you compile using the dvipdfm option
>> in the
>> hyperref package:
>>
>> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{hyperref}.
>
> That is why I don't recall the hyperlinks being there: I never use
> latex these days,
> I hardly ever create dvi files. All my use is with pdflatex straight
> to pdf. Somehow
> the page sizes with latex and Memoir were totally off, and I never
> bothered to
> correct things, pdf is good enough for me.

My answer was slightly off, I meant that hyperlinks in PDF are supposed
to be working  (in TeXniscope v0.3.4), while if you want to see
hyperlinks in dvi files then you should tell hyperref that your
preferred driver is dvipdfm.
If you have problems with hyperlinks in the PDF (not showing up or
showing up incorrectly) please let me know.

Best,
Massimiliano Gubinelli

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>