[OS X TeX] TeXShop engine problem?

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Sat Feb 19 09:01:16 EST 2005

I've created an engine, Genealogue.engine which now does nothing. Here
it is:

%%%%%%

#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current
/usr/local/bin)
xetex -xfmt=XGenealogue -papersize=14in,8.5in  "$1"

%%%%%%%%%

(the % signs were added for decoration -- they are not in the .engine
file)

I checked permissions, owner and group and they are all the same as
other functioning .engine's in the /Engines folder.
The file is utf-8. XGenealogue (the XeTeX .xfmt used by the Genealogue
.engine) works perfectly from the commandline.

When I attempt to typeset a document using Genealogue (using either the
%& mechanism or from the menu -- it does show up there), the log file
is blank and nothing happens -- no typesetting is done, but no errors
show either. All of the other .engine's (including one I modified for
XeTeX specifying legal landscape paper) work ok.

Any ideas about what the problem might be?

Stephen Moye

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>