[OS X TeX] Colored words

Aaron Jackson jackson at msrce.howard.edu
Mon Feb 21 13:08:11 EST 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Aaron Jackson wrote:
> I copy pastd the above but the console says "Undefined color 'green'."
> (Same for the other colors)

Strange.  I just copied and pasted your message into a TexShop window
and got the same error.  However, I did get the file to compile by
making sure that the long lines were, in fact, one line.  That is, the
4th line splits into two lines (at the \color{green}), and the last
part of the last line before \begin{document} should be
lstinputlisting}} not lstinputlisti ng}}.  Try it again and let me
know.  Of course the file assumes that you saved it as Untitled.tex...

> I am totally out of my detph here so I must bother you again.
> (By the way what is the difference between \usepackage[pdftex]{color}
> and \usepackage{color} which is what I have been using so far?)

No difference really, it just tells the color package that you are
processing the file through pdflatex.  I suppose the package might do
things differently depending if you use pdflatex or latex->dvips.

Aaron

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>