[OS X TeX] STIX Fonts

Arno Kruse arnokruse at macnews.de
Tue Feb 22 07:10:15 EST 2005

Accidentally I ran across http://www.stixfonts.org

"The mission of the Scientific and Technical Information Exchange
(STIX) font creation project is the preparation of a comprehensive set
of fonts that serve the scientific and engineering community in the
process from manuscript creation through final publication, both in
electronic and print formats. Toward this purpose, the STIX fonts will
be made available, under royalty-free license, to anyone, including
publishers, software developers, scientists, students, and the general
public."

I never heard anything about this project, but it sounds promising.
They specifically mention TeX:

" In particular. the STIX project will create a TeX implementation that
TeX users can install and configure with minimal effort."

I think this may be interesting for you, too.

Arno

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>