[OS X TeX] TeXshop and Makefiles/preprocessor and multiple .tex files

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Tue Feb 22 08:14:32 EST 2005

Hi,

After restarting TeXShop and selecting the personal script it worked!
However, there is still something strange going on in my Makefile. I
get:

TEXINPUTS=../macros/: BIBINPUTS=../bib/: lhs2TeX -P../macros/: --poly
thesis.tex > thesis.out.tex
/bin/bash: line 1: lhs2TeX: command not found
make: *** [lhs] Error 127

To remedy this I attempted (in Makefile):

# Set path to lhs2tex if needed
NO_LHS2TEX := $(shell which lhs2TeX|grep "no ")
ifdef NO_LHS2TEX
   LHS2TEX = /usr/local/bin/lhs2TeX
else
   LHS2TEX = lhs2TeX
endif

I also have set SHELL=/bin/bash just to make sure. I am puzzled as to
why TeXShop does not assign the right path to Make.engine when it is
executed.

It seems that TeXshop uses /etc/bashrc but not ~/.bashrc where my
custom path is being set up. I think this is weird, but perhaps there
is an explanation to it.

In addition, it is also weird that my above attempt to resolve the path
problem does not work, since I do explicitly set the path to lhs2TeX
there. Evidently the "ifdef" clause has no consequence other than the
else-statement.

Johan Glimming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>