[OS X TeX] TeXShop + external editor of choice?

Johan Glimming glimming at kth.se
Tue Feb 22 09:11:52 EST 2005

Hi

Re. Makefiles in TeXShop: now it works perfectly, many thanks for all
the advise I received.

Now that I have gotten TeXShop up and running I want to consider using
an external editor. I have been using emacs and vim for quite a while
but that piece of software is maybe /Lisp is/ getting a bit old these
days? ;-))

So I wonder if there is some suggested editor for TeXShop. A feature I
really would appreciate is grammar check and spelling/thesaurus inside
my TeX code. Other features are of course syntax highlighting,
bracketing, indentation of TeX code, and auto-completion of standard
\-definitions and even recurring words such as "automobile" from
"au...".

(In fact Eclipse is a very nice development platform, but I doubt it
will work with TeXShop. This is a shame since Eclipse supports modules
such as CVS. However I heard someone is thinking of implementing a
LaTeX module for Eclipse.)

Johan Glimming.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>