[OS X TeX] Default Truetype Fonts?

Axel E.Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Wed Feb 23 20:40:15 EST 2005

On Feb 23, 2005, at 3:03 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> By the way, given the safety requirement that one sees more and more
> often, namely that all fonts, even the basic 35 LaserWriter ones, be
> included in PDF documents (and given that more and more often the size
> of the fonts is insignificant compared with the size of the graphics
> included in a (La)TeX document), I wonder whether it wouldn't be safer
> to offer Include as the default choice during the Configure stage of
> the TeX i-Package installation in i-Installer.

For me, working in a publishing house, the need to embed all fonts is
crucial. When we send documents (books) to the printing shop, they do a
preflight first. If all fonts are not embedded, they reject the
documents.

That's why I had to learn about ``sudo updmap --setoption
dvipsDownloadBase35 true'', etc., before Gerben Wierda had the Include
option in i-Installer.

Best,

Axel

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>