[OS X TeX] Preview.app automatic refresh when PDF changes?

Curtis Clifton curt.clifton at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 16:04:46 EST 2005

On Feb 24, 2005, at 1:16 PM, Johan Glimming wrote:

> I would like the Preview.app application (or some other viewing
> application other than TeXshop) to automatically update the viewing of
> my PDF file everytime the date of the .PDF has changed.  Is this
> possible?

Preview.app doesn't have this capability (though some folks simulated
by using AppleScript to close and reopen the file in Preview).

I use TeXniscope for previewing PDFs and it does have an option to
automatically refresh.  It works well in my experience.

Curtis Clifton, PhD Candidate
Dept. of Computer Science, Iowa State University