[OS X TeX] I do so like ps4pdf -- but on xelatex?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 03:06:15 EST 2005

Le 25 févr. 05, à 08:15, Roger Hart a écrit :

> So I was wondering if it would be difficult to get ps4pdf to work
> under xelatex? I've become very dependent on ps4pdf.  I did look at
> the file, but I'm afraid I'm not expert enough to really understand
> what it is doing, or how to alter it to produce the same result with
> xelatex. I would be indeed very grateful for any suggestions.

I've looked at this and managed to get ps4pdf.sty bypass its hardwired
\RequirePackage[pdftex]{graphicx}, to replace it by
\RequirePackage[xetex]{graphicx}. Alas, the result doesn't work:
commands which, I assume, are defined by pstricks.sty, aren't
recognized (using ps4pdf-test.tex as a test):

! Undefined control sequence.
\XC@@usecolor ...expandafter \c at lor@to at ps #1#2\@@
                                                   \else \expandafter
\expand...

\addto at pscode #1->\xdef \pst at code {\pst at code #1
                                                \space }
\psframe at ii (#1)(#2)->\begin at ClosedObj
                                        \pst at getcoor {#1}\pst at tempa
\pst@@get...
<to be read again>
                    \pscircle
l.5   \pscircle
                [fillcolor=yellow](2,6){.8} % Sun
?                    \pscircle
l.5   \pscircle
                [fillcolor=yellow](2,6){.8} % Sun
?

I won't be able to spend more time on this, but in any case that
doesn't look good.

BTW, with XeTeX 0.9 (with the i-Installer install), texmf.cnf needs to
be changed to reflect the changes in the XeTeX tree:

TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//

must be changed to

TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//

Namely, change at least the second xetex to xelatex.

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>