[OS X TeX] lettrine.sty, but not LaTeX

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 26 08:38:16 EST 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 18:08, William F. Adams wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2005, at 7:29 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> Would someone be able to take lettrine.sty as an example and produce
>> a version that works with ConTeXt (and plain TeX)?
> Do you have to have the exact same interface and feature set?
> Doing drop caps is an old problem for which a fair bit of code has
> been done.
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/msg/
> 0d7a6ce2012ed57d?dmode=source
> I'm pretty sure the dropcaps package works w/ latex and plain tex....

But it isn't as sophisticated as lettrine. From the context mailing

could you please give an example how to do the same with \DroppedCaps,
is shown on page 30 of http://pmrb.free.fr/work/cours/latex-intro.pdf ?

In the meantime. Taco Hoekwater has produced a ConTeXt plug-in for a
lettrine type of operation.