[OS X TeX] Converting graphics files

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Jan 3 02:52:14 EST 2005

> Ross,
>
> Thanks. I am definitely aware of your suggestions. The trouble is the
> damage has already been done. I have over 800 pages, with tons of
> graphics, which the compositor for the publisher gave names such as
> Fig1.2.1. They are encapsulated postscript files.
>
> If I start renaming things, that's gonna take some time, and I have to
> get agreement among two coauthors and the compositor.

I can offer a different workaround suggestion: what about a script that
creates symbolic links to your original files without renaming them? The
script could run on the contents of a directory, and symlink all files in
a pattern, e.g. Fig-1-2-1.eps -> Fig1.2.1. If you get new images, you just
re-run the script (only necessary if names change or new files are added)

Given that your coauthor probably runs TeX as well, he/she would either be
able to use this (on a unix platform) or if on Windows would probably be
OK with renaming the images as he/she probably cannot include them as
well.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>