[OS X TeX] Ghostscript 8.50 i-Package

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Tue Jan 4 09:18:17 EST 2005

> Le 4 janv. 05, à 13:18, Themis Matsoukas a écrit :
>
>> I see it now. I got confused because when I choose Ghostscript 8->Open
>> i-package, the readme file says this is version 8.13. The Show
>> i-package info, however, correctly identifies this as version 8.50.
>
> I also got confused recently by the same thing (for this and other
> i-Packages), but realized afterwards that the ReadMe displayed in the
> i-Package window corresponds to the i-Package stored on disk. You need
> to update the "Self" i-Package first, and then the displayed ReadMe
> will become the updated one; or, as you said, use the "Show i-Package
> Info" button in the i-Directory window.

Yes, this is difficult to get right. Updating a package oin disk should
always be a choice, not a forced action. And opening from a repository
when the package is on disk, should open the one on disk.

Especially confusing is that if you open the package via Known Packages
you still get the package on disk when it is available. Maybe an
intermediary panel is needed to make this clear. Otherwise the fact that
you have just opened from the repository and what you see is not the
repository is confusing.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>