[OS X TeX] input versus include in Texshop

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 14:18:00 EST 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 19:00, David Arnold wrote:

> I tried this:
>
> \makeatletter
> % patching LaTeX \InputIfFileExists for \include and \input
>     \let\PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists\InputIfFileExists%
>     \long\def\InputIfFileExists##1##2##3{%
> 	  \immediate\write\PDFPOS{(##1}%
>       \PDFSYNC at InputIfFileExists{##1}{##2}{##3}%
>       \immediate\write\PDFPOS{)}}%
> \makeatother
>
> But got this:
>
> ! Parameters must be numbered consecutively.
> <to be read again>
>                    ##
> l.12     \long\def\InputIfFileExists##
>                                       1##2##3{%
> ?
> Any ideas?

Ooops. Was I that unclear? The above code is already in pdfsync, and
should not be present in your preamble. In my innocence I thought to
patch the \input command to do the same as \include, but as it turns
out pdfsync does a much more sensible thing: it patches
\InputIfFileExists{}{}{}, which is used internally by both \include and
\input, thus fixing both commands in one go.

Can you post the complete preamble of your document, since pdfsync
should work with either \input{file} or \include{file}. Of interest is
also the version information on pdfsync, you can find that in the log
file.

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>