[OS X TeX] MacTeX from the outside?

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 5 14:12:13 EST 2005

On 5 jan 2005, at 16:59, Kevin Walzer wrote:

> I'm continuing to struggle with DocBook mainly because it's the
> documentation method for DarwinPorts (for which, as Juan notes, I'm
> working on a GUI). The solution I've found, for the moment, is
> XMLMind's
> XML Editor, a nice Java-based tool that has a free version if you're
> only generating HTML output. I think I may post a follow-up entry about
> that at my blog.

Have you considered working the other way around the problem?
That is still write in LaTeX and use tex4ht to translate into docbook.
I don't know
about any special requirements on the DocBook code, but this will work
one way. At
least keep it in the back of your mind to incorporate material in
DocBook document
that you prepared before.

There is also a db2latex project on sourceforge
(http://db2latex.sourceforge.net/).
This is a set of xslt routines. I use the TestXSLT application by Marc
Liyanage
(http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/#testxslt) to run them. Saves a
lot of install
headaches, especially if the routines can be accessed over the internet
(there is a
set of routines for mathml that can be used very easily this way:
http://xsltml.sourceforge.net/).

HTMH

Maarten

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>