[OS X TeX] path not found after transferring files

Herb Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jan 6 13:15:27 EST 2005

On 1/6/05 12:06 PM, "Sandra Schwartz" <schwartz at interchange.ubc.ca> wrote:

> I recently transferred files to a new computer [both are G4 PowerBooks,
> aluminum] - everything works except TexShop
> I get this message
>
> Can't find required tool.
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex does not
> exist.  Is one of the tool paths configured incorrectly?
>
> Must I download everything again or is there something simpler I can do?
> Thanks
> Sandra

Howdy,

Assuming you used the built-in assistant to do the transfer it sounds like
it doesn't transfer things in /usr/local/ from the old machine. I think
you'll have to use the i-installer to download and install TeX again. Make
sure you get the ghostscript installed also. After that what else you
install is up to you.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>