[OS X TeX] PostScript to Truetype

Aaron Jackson jackson at negril.msrce.howard.edu
Sun Jan 9 18:36:48 EST 2005

On Jan 9, 2005, at 5:41 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 09.01.2005 um 20:45 schrieb Arno Kruse:
>
>> I own an old PostScript font called "Birds" (two files: BirdsEF and
>> BirdsEF.bmap).
>
> The first one contains the PostScript font -- in its ressource fork!
> Fondu works well on converting TT or PS in ressource forks to UNIX
> files (Fink or http://fondu.sourceforge.net/). For Classic Mac OS
> there were some tools too, but I recycled some areas in my brain since
> then ...

I used t1unmac, which should be installed with one of the i-packages.
I tried fondu in the past, but it kept making unreadable pfb files, of
course this could be fixed by now...

t1unmac  -r fontname/rsrc fontname.pfb

See http://homepage.mac.com/bkerstetter/tex/fonttutorial-current.html
for more details.