[OS X TeX] Fragile Commands [Was: how to convert .doc to .TEX?]

Claus Gerhardt gerhardt at math.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 19 19:35:13 EST 2005

The package pdfsync seems to be the culprit, even protection of \emph
doesn't help - at least for me (I am using amsbook and pdfsync).

The simplest solution seems to be to use
\renewcommand{\emph}{\textit}

whenever the pdfsync is loaded. Those, who need it, could even add this
line to package pdfsync.

Claus

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>