[OS X TeX] reordering pages with pstops

Werenfried Spit w.spit at planet.nl
Thu Jan 20 03:01:28 EST 2005

Hi,
I have a problem getting pstops running properly on my mac (teTeX).
What I try to do is to put 2 pages of A5 on one page of A4 paper; it
works well in my windows cTeX-environment. I use:

  latex
  dvips -ta4
  pstops "2:0L(29.7302cm,0)+1L(29.7302cm,14.8651cm)"
  pstopdf

Starting with a document on a5 paper this should lead to a pdf file
with two a5 pages on each a4 paper.
What does happen is that the resulting pdf (and also as far as I can
see the intermediate ps) containts two a5 pages on a 216x280mm
sheet of paper, instead of 210x297 (Resulting in a part of the pages
not being printed
and not visible on screen).

Does anyone have an idea what's happening?

(pdflatex is not always an option, dvips -ta4w leads to an error
message from pstopdf) I can provide an example if needed.

--
Werenfried Spit

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>