[OS X TeX] Error message - Unable to read an entire line

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Jan 21 15:09:06 EST 2005

Le 21 janv. 05, à 19:47, Ralph Martin a écrit :

> OK, thanks. I will pass this on to the author of the paper. (I am
> doing a conference proceedings...)

How I understand you! Ten years ago I co-edited the proceedings of a
conference, my contribution being dominantly computer-related and that
of the other co-editor dominantly science-related. We only had a Mac
with Textures on it, and this was working pretty well for our needs.
But then we started receiving papers prepared on Unix machines, with
graphics prepared with GNUplot and requiring dvips-specific PS prologs
to work, and so forth. That went on for several months like this as
papers were coming in, each bringing to light a new compatibility
issue. This is when I learnt, the hard way, what MF and PK font files
were, what the ZIP, TAR, GZ and UU formats were, what an EOL character
was; this is also when I started ditching Textures for OzTeX, more
compatible with the rest of the world.

Good luck,

Bruno Voisin

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>