[OS X TeX] xdvi and/or acrobat reader with darwin ports emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jan 22 05:51:08 EST 2005

Am 22.01.2005 um 05:59 schrieb David Arnold:

> Now, I want to be able to view my tex file in xdvi via emacs. I'd also
> like to set up inverse search, if possible, synching emacs and xdvi.
> I'd also like to be able to open a pdf file via emacs in acrobat
> reader 7.0.

I'd use texdoc as *the* tool to display all these different graphics
formats. In the texdoc script it's easy to set specific programmes to
do a specific task. texdoc comes with teTeX.

There es no free and native DVI viewer for Mac OS X available, Carbon
or Aqua. MacDVIX from Tom Kiffe needs to be licensed (and has it's own
Ghostscript that might need changes to its Fontmap to be able to use
your own PostScript fonts), and TeXniscope from Massimiliano Gubinelli
is free but first converts DVI to PDF, so it's rather a PDF viewer.
Xdvi needs X11 to display anything.

--
Greetings

   Pete

   It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
		-- 	Garfield

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>