[OS X TeX] iWork and TeX

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Sun Jan 23 09:41:06 EST 2005

Jon Breitenbucher wrote:

>Also in the folder is
>a file called index.xml.gz which has the actual template information. I
>discovered this when I needed to delete a page type from a template. I
>found no easy way to do this from within Pages and had to delete the
>relevant material form the XML file and gzip the result. This seems
>rather inconvenient and I don't think the XML file for Keynote was
>zipped.

Gunzip that file and take a look at it (e.g. in BBEit or oXygen). (We already had this as an excercise on MacOSX-talk.)

Its XML alright, but its not (in my initial estimation) amenable to relatively straightforward transforms in the way that e.g. OmniOutliner or even DocBook are. Even a relatively simple file in Pages will (I imagine) produce a behemoth of an xml file. OTOH, its bound to be valid, so it must be doable.

mark.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>