[OS X TeX] xdvi and/or acrobat reader with darwin ports emacs

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 24 14:01:54 EST 2005

Am 24.01.2005 um 18:58 schrieb Massimiliano Gubinelli:

> In any case I was referring to the interaction of ps code with tex
> which is going on in pstricks, (which being tricks are tricky to
> implement...).

Although the package is called "PS Tricks" it always *has to be* valid
PostScript code. Otherwise no trick would succeed. So you shouldn't
think so much about it.

The problems pdfTeX has with this PS code (or EPS graphics) can be,
that pdfTeX and PS Tricks can be of different worlds, i.e. coordinate
systems and graphics states, clipping regions, and other 'forbidden'
operators collide. dvips does, as far as I had to experience, a simple
job, rendering the DVI code first and superposing the PS Tricks code
upon it. It's just as with drawing a picture: first you do all except a
reserved white space, than this one is painted too. Only sometimes it
can happen that you draw bit outside the reserved area, which can be
seen then!

--
Greetings

   Pete       (: