[OS X TeX] Changing keyboard shortcuts in TeXShop

Kino quinon at rio.odn.ne.jp
Tue Jan 25 08:32:16 EST 2005

On 25 Jan 2005, at 4:35, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> I am using askinclude so that most of the time, I need to hit Command
> T to get askinclude and then hit Enter to respond to it.
>
> Being able to hit Enter twice would make my life a lot easier.
>
> Am I correct to think that this is not possible as it would mean that
> Enter would have to be context dependant?

Correct. I think it is possible to assign "Enter twice" to a keybinding
if you use TextMacro. However this would not work for your purpose.
<http://www.mai.liu.se/~milan/TextMacro/>

> Could there be a workaround, say something involving an F key?

I may misunderstand you but do you want to typeset a tex file with
'include as according to previous run' more easily, without hitting
Enter in TeXShop console? If so, a workaround would be to create
something like noaskinclude.sty.

Though I'm not familiar with TeX macros, I just tried this idea which
seems to work.

1. Duplicate askinclude.sty as noaskinclude.sty.

2. Open noaskinclude.sty with a text editor and locate the following
lines:

\typeout { }
\typeout {Enter file(s) to include (separated by commas and no spaces),}
\typeout {or enter * for all files, or enter - for none, or}
\typein  [\inputfiles]{press Return if this run is the same as the
last.}

3. Change them to

%\typeout { }
%\typeout {Enter file(s) to include (separated by commas and no
spaces),}
%\typeout {or enter * for all files, or enter - for none, or}
%\typein  [\inputfiles]{press Return if this run is the same as the
last.}
\def\inputfiles{\empty}

4. Save noaskinclude.sty and put it in an appropriate folder so that
latex can find it.

5. Execute mktexlsr;

Then, you can typeset your tex file with 'include as according to
previous run' with just command-t by changing

\usepackage{askinclude}

\usepackage{noaskinclude}

Kino

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>