[OS X TeX] Linguists' trees and (pdf)LaTeX

Stephen Anderson stephen.anderson at yale.edu
Tue Jan 25 20:13:29 EST 2005

The comments posted to the list about using tree-dvips, then running
LaTeX and dvips via ghostscript to get a pdf are perfectly correct, of
course (I just finished a rather long book with lots of trees in it,
producing pdf output many times along the way in exactly this way), but
beside the point.  The problem is that this route to a pdf is not
compatible with pdf(la)tex or, more to the point for linguists, XeTeX,
both of which (as I understand it) want to get to pdf in their own way
without going through a PS stage.  The package I pointed to seems to
allow this, potentially making it possible for those of us who create
trees to make use of the font flexibility of XeTeX and/or the pdfsync
packages that don't understand PS specials.
--
Steve Anderson

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>